Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Clean sweep time



Last time I wrote (about a week ago maybe a bit more), I mentioned a list and said I'd tell you how I did. so here it is!

MY LIST
*IN SOME ORDER OF IMPORTANCE*

1. FINISH SEWING DD'S CURTAINS EVEN THOUGH SHE WANTS HER ROOM TO BE A HORSE THEME INSTEAD OF THE BRIGHT HAPPY COLORS FOR HER QUILT THAT WE CHOSE 2 YEARS AGO AND JUST FINISHED LAST YEAR! I did not get this done--however, I did have a friend come and helped me hem a skirt I wanted to wear for Resurrection Sunday and she, being an awesome and extremely talented seamstress, declared my machine obnoxious and unrepentant! Nah... she just said it needs to be serviced! What a blessing I got on Sunday when I was chatting with some ladies and one said that she would loan me a sewing machine that has just been serviced! So after that one gets into my hands and I have figured it out, I can re-attack those curtains.

2. GO THROUGH  FABRIC FOR BOYS AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO COMPLETE THEIR QUILTS EVEN THOUGH HALF THE FABRIC IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE AND I HAVE RUN OUT OF THOSE PRINTS!! See little note about unrepentant sewing machine above. It has sort of drained my enthusiasm...


3. MAKE APPLESAUCE MUFFINS

4. CLEAN OUT KITCHEN FRIDGE yucky stuff is out, but still needs wipe down.

5. CLEAN OUT BASEMENT FRIDGE-yucky stuff is out, but still needs wipe down.

6.RE-ORGANIZE BOYS' BOOKSHELF-THEY DECIDED TO TAKE ON OF THEIR BIGGER FIRE ENGINES OUTSIDE AND I SAID THAT ONCE IT'S AN OUTSIDE TOY, ALWAYS AN OUTSIDE TOY (IT LEFT A WONDERFUL BLANK SPOT ON THEIR SHELF THAT I CAN USE TO DECLUTTER ANOTHER AREA! ) started but not yet looking like a magazine studio's version of a boy's room

7. REORGANIZE/DECLUTTER OUR MASTER BATHROOM CUPBOARD! -uuuummmm. nope.

I ALSO NEED TO DUST TODAY AS FAITH HAS A PIANO LESSON
 FROM A WONDERFUL LADY DOING IT AS A MINISTRY!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am taking the clean sweep challenge though from a blog---I am currently awaiting instruction on how to include her badge on my blog--I think it is Modest Mom or soemthing like that... I'll update and let you know!


Today's temporal -Creating morning schedule or routine:
Here it is...
7:30 (approx)- wake up with hubby 
        *make coffee
        *make his breakfast
       *make his lunch

Next: If children are still in bed, wake them up if hubby has not yet done so. 
Next:  Take a shower while the blessings stretch and make their beds. ( much easier to do as weather warms up as I tend to take cooler showers and don't mind if hubby's shower drained all the hot water-in the winter, I homeschool in my jammies for 2-3 subjects and then kids take a break while I shower.)
Next: inspect morning work ( I really need to get consistent in this as my daughter's bed is not visually seen from the door and I have been lax resulting in seeing an unmade bed and clutter where I cannot see it just by peeking into the room.)
    Their morning work:
      *get dressed---*make bed---*floor is tidy and cleaned up---* Unload dishwasher if it was ran the night before ( usually, but sometimes I forget to push the start button!)
    My Morning work: 
    Make our bed* start laundry

Next: Put breakfast for kids on the table and work on memory verses while they eat.
Next: Clean up-we are still working on cleaning table all the way and getting dishes to the sink, scraped out ( we have not garbage disposal here-I really do thank God we have a dishwasher though! and I am not taking His name in vain here. I am ever so grateful!)
Next:Down to basement for school!

Maybe I should add some pictures here...Just the morning work!

Also, I made some cleaning wipes today and will be needing to teach the boys how to wipe the toilet seat after using it!!

Then there is a spiritual housecleaning and obviously since my kids have not yet eaten and I am still in jammies-self control and orderliness are obviously what I need to work on, eh?


1 comment: